Die Casting Manufacturing
High pressure die casting
Die casting is a manufacturing method widely used to produce aluminum and other alloy components by pressing the molten metal into reusable steel molds at high pressures. This process results in the production of parts and components with complex geometries, with high precision, and allows the possibility of large-scale production. Components manufactured with die casting technologies can achieve sharp geometries, smooth or textured surfaces, making them suitable for a wide range of products and applications.
Eurobalt Engineering OÜ, in association with its partners, is constantly investing in equipment and technologies to provide consistency, precision, and automation for the die casting process. A combination of automated monitoring of the production process and expert control of all technical requirements allows us to find, modify and correct any malfunctions in the production process in time, and manufacture die casting parts with the highest quality.
Minimum possible weight of the part: 0,017 kg Maximum possible weight of the part: 12 kg Minimum possible sizes of the part: Ø 17 mm x 4 mm Maximum possible sizes of the part: 300 mm x 650 mm x 100 mm Minimum possible wall thickness: 0,8 mm Maximum possible wall thickness: 12,7 mm Tolerance class for casting: ISO 8062 ST5 Minimum possible batch: 500 kg
Standard materials used in aluminum die casting
ADC 1 Al-Si AAA 413 ADC 12 Z Al-Si-Cu AA 383 ADC 3 Al-Si-Mg AAA 360 ADC 14 Al-Si-Cu AAB 390 ADC 5 Al-Mg AA 518 AAA 356+T6 ADC 6 Al-Mg AA 515 AC4A ADC 10 Al-Si-Cu AAB 380 AC2B ADC 10 Z Al-Si-Cu AAA 380 LM6 ADC 12 Al-Si-Cu AA 383 ENAC-46000 AlSi10Mg ENAC-43000
|Die casting machines||5|
|Die spotting machine||1|
|Electrical discharge machine||8|
|Milling CNC machines||5|
|Radial drilling machines||5|
|Shot blasting machine||1|
|Quality control CMM machine||1|
Download Brochure (pdf)
The Advantages of Die Casting
- Dimensional Accuracy: Die casting processes allow manufacturing of uniform and dimensionally stable parts, while maintaining the required tolerances, with higher precision than many other mass production processes.
- Outstanding properties: High durability and heat resistance of die-cast products.
- High-Speed Production allows manufacturing thousands of identical castings without the need for additional machining post finishing processes.
- Cost-effectiveness long lifespan of the tooling equipment results in the production of components with market competitive prices.
- Complex geometries: Die-casting products are stronger and lighter than comparable products manufactured with other casting methods. Moreover, die casting achieves thin and strong walls, which are not easily produced with other manufacturing technologies.
- Die-cast manufactured components result in one single part, which does not have separate welded, fastened or assembled parts, giving more strength and stability to the manufactured components.
- Die casting allows the manufacture of products with multiple finishing techniques, such as smooth or textured surfaces, which allow coating or plating without requiring complex preparations.
- Die casting technologies are able to produce components with fastening elements, bosses, tubes, holes, external threads and other geometries.
Die casting process
In the die casting process, the metal is inserted at high pressures into the tooling working as an injection mold, which can be used for multiple manufacturing of components, allowing its application for series and mass production. This technology is often automated and operates at high pressures from 150 bar to up to 1200 bar or higher, reaching filling speeds above 500 km/h. Die casting is suitable for complex geometries with thin walls, as low as 1 mm and with smooth surface finishes, allowing coating or plating as finishing treatments.
Die Casting Technology
In our die casting manufacturing facilities
We manufacture die casting parts weighing between 5 grams to 12 kilograms.
We use cold chamber die casting machines to cast aluminum, aluminum alloys, magnesium and other alloy products for our customers. For zinc alloy components, we use hot chamber die casting machines, due to the melting point of zinc-based alloys of around 900 ° C, which affects the tooling and decreases its lifespan with large temperature gradients when using cold chamber die casting machines.
Our die casting technologies and services present many advantages such as high production rate, high precision, high strength and surface smoothness of finished products among others. Moreover, we are aware of the initial investment related to the tooling costs, and for this reason we always find an individual approach for our customers, to provide the most cost-effective solution. We repair and replace worn tooling and manufacture a new one in-house, which also helps to reduce costs significantly. In addition, we always consider the possibility of working on a project-by-project basis, where we analyze project duration, the number of necessary parts and product complexity. For large-scale projects, we can assume a part of the tooling cost ourselves. Moreover, the storage, repair, and remanufacturing of a new tooling required to continue production are carried out at our own expense.
By choosing our company, you will get high-quality die casting products, parts, and components, that comply with your specific technical and aesthetic requirements, at the most competitive market price among many other die casting parts suppliers.